Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Testing... testing...

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted. I quit this blog when I felt like everything was spiraling out of control, that I had opened up too much of myself to criticism to perfect strangers, when all I wanted to do was vent a little. I can admit now I got hooked on the attention and the drama. Stepping away when I did was one of the best things I could have chosen to do.

Julian and I got married almost a year ago now, and while it wasn't the wedding I would have chosen for myself  completely (too much meddling from my mother-in-law and my sister), we managed to have a great time. Julian's AOS was complete in May, and in the middle of June he went back to London for six months to help complete a business deal. Yeah, six months apart in the first year of marriage has sucked, but it has allowed him to make our lives more financially secure. I also went out there for two months (September-October), so it hasn't been like we've been really that apart.

So I want to start blogging again, this time in a less crazy way. And my life is less crazy now. You'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! Wondered how you guys were doing. Your timeline was just a bit behind ours, we got married in August of last year. My husband has also been gone for work and I thought it would be a lot easier than it has been, since we were apart for so long in the beginning. Untrue. It's been awful (for me at least).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your life is less crazy now, why would we want to read about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you're not interested, don't read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, who the fuck does that? Leaves their new wife for SIX MONTHS to "complete a business deal". Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's not like I didn't see him! I was over there for two months, and we did a few other short trips back and forth. I knew this was part of the deal when we got married, that he was going to have to be away sometimes. I missed him but it wasn't that horrible. Somehow knowing that our marriage vow bonds us tightly makes me feel more confident and less likely to flip out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, are you going to keep writing? You can't keep us hanging!

    ReplyDelete