Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Touches! Touches!

A while back on VJ, I asked what a "touch" was and it ended up with the thread being closed. But I did find out that a touch is when someone at USCIS looks at your file and then updates their system. If you sign up on the USCIS website, you can track what's happening with your file. I did and... we have had TWO touches in the past two days! I mentioned this on VJ and one of the other members said she thought this meant we are going to have a NOA2 (which means our petition for Julian to apply for the visa) any day!!!

I just called Julian and he told me to calm down because I was having problems breathing and I couldn't speak. He told me to be cautious and not to assume that it means an approval, maybe just someone is looking at the file. He agrees it is good news but not to start celebrating until I get the email confirming it. I don't care -- I am just SO happy!

I'll write a real post tonight with more stuff but I just wanted to share the news! HOORAY!!!

10 comments:

  1. If it gets approved it just means that YOU were approved and now your fiance can apply in London. He still has to pass the medical and police clearance for every country he has lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not let a little thing like the medical or police clearances get in the way. Since Melissa and Julian are already looking to buy a house before he's even moved over, that must mean they KNOW the visa will be approved. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The medical being key. Didn't Julian confess to a cocaine problem? He has to disclose that you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it a cocaine problem or just that he's done cocaine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. His defence for taking coke off a hooker's arse was that it was done "as a joke", which would indicate some sort of problem but not necessarily a drug one. I doubt he'd even mention it during the medical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see. My fiancé doesn't do drugs so it's not an issue for us. I have a hard time believing Julian will mention the hooker/coke thing at the medical! lol It sounds like they have decided he will get the visa no matter what -- my fiancé won't even buy a plane ticket before the visa is in his hands. I can't imagine buying a house before you even have your NOA2!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If he doesn't mention it at the medical, it's fraud. Shame if someone dropped his name to USCIS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same - I waited until I had the visa physically in my hand before I booked my flights. Buying a house is just a ridiculous thing to do. I handed my notice in at work the Monday after my interview and then panicked all week until the visa arrived, thinking that I'd jinxed it all by not waiting.

    It doesn't seem like Julian and Melissa even live in the real world. "More money than sense" springs to mind. I don't think the whole coke thing will be a problem as Julian will just not mention it at all during the medical. Although Melissa did mention in a VJ post that Julian would refuse to not drink the night before the medical, which would indicate some sort of substance abuse problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But that could be just one drink he wants to have which doesn't mean he has a drink problem. Melissa seems like the one with a drink problem to me. She keeps posting about how she has to have a glass of wine, or how she got so drunk at her birthday party she couldn't even remember who she went home with (very safe and I can't blame Julian for being angry with her). And she's always going out for a drink with her friends...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I hope the touches do mean that your NOA2 is close! It's such an exciting time, I remember when my fiance told me we were approved we couldn't stop laughing and speaking really loudly! My heart was pounding so fast.

    Ignore the comments above, although the house thing is a valid concern, this isn't the post for that and it seems they are just trying to put you down for no reason. Enjoy the feeling of the touch ;)

    ReplyDelete