Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Lunchtime ramble

The weather here in Pasadena has been so good recently -- nice and dry, and even a little cooler than normal. Cool enough that I could wear my favorite turquoise jumper (sweater to us Americans) that I got at Harvey Nichols in London last year. I swear I could live in Harvey Nicks and be happy for the rest of my life! So Mary and I are going to grab some sushi at Sushi Boat and then go for a walk around the Paseo. I'm also thinking about stopping by Bokaos and getting a hair appointment -- I know this is going to sound crazy, but I am seriously thinking about dyeing my hair! I mean, I love my hair color (strawberry blonde) but I kind of wonder what I would look like as a brunette. Not too dark or anything, just something different. Maybe more serious -- I could even start wearing my glasses sometimes instead of my contacts. (Julian says I should just get Lasik, because the glasses are a turn-off, except when we... oh, never mind!) Anyway, yeah, thinking about it!

Also getting closer to deciding on my wedding colors. I had wanted Tiffany blue and chocolate brown, and Julian wanted a paler blue and cream, and I think he's probably right, so now I'm thinking robin's egg blue and off-white. Just looking to find pictures of the right colors and I will post them! I'm not sure what the overall theme should be, but Julian told me it should be understated because his family would not understand "some big American production" and what a waste of money it would be. A lot to think about!

Oops, there's Mary -- I'll post some more later!

2 comments:

  1. hi Melissa! I am Angie(Aga&Chris on VJ) and i have found your blog via VJ, i was checking your profile after you posted that we have the same timelines. Need to tell you that your blog is awesome! you have great writing, did you ever think about writing a book? Anyway i enjoy reading your site! And one more thing do not color your hair! I did mine when i was 16 and still regret it ;) greetings from poland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Angie! Wow, you have really flattered me about my writing. *blush* I have always kept a diary, even when I was very little, and I guess I am just used to doing a lot of writing. I never thought it was any good though! I suppose I also never really shared it with anyone either. So thank you!

    I'll keep what you said about the color in mind though. I am booked to have my hair cut later this week and I will think about it. I just feel like a change!

    Hope you get your NOA2 soon. :) Wow, Poland!

    ReplyDelete