Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Calmness

So, another couple of good days! Not much to report, really, which I think is a great thing. (I think.) Julian and I seem to have settled back into a normal routine of phone calls and texts, and we don't talk about the drama of last weekend. His work is going great after the acquisition, and he tells me all the time about how much he is looking forward to our new life together in California. His mother is of course not really happy about him leaving, but his father seems to think it's an opportunity for the business to grow in America. And of course any of the business things I would have to go to would be with Americans out here -- no more of the drooling minor "gentry"!

I shouldn't say too much about it, but it IS my blog, so can I just say how psyched I am to meet another VJ person tomorrow? (Oops today.) She's already been through almost the whole process, so I can learn a lot from her, but it would be so nice to have someone local to share my worries with. She's older than me, and was married over there in London and lived there for a long time, but I still feel like I have a lot to learn from her experience. (Hi elmcitymaven!) She and I are going to the Blue Room (again!) to trade tales. She teases Julian on VJ, which I think is so funny. J says it drives him crazy, and if he were her husband he wouldn't stand for some of the things she says. But she seems really nice in her messages and since she lives in Burbank (where I'm from) I think it could be fun. J said to be careful since you don't really know what people are really like on the internet, maybe she's really a guy! I said I would let him know and take pics if he is so concerned.

Anyway, at home tonight. Nice and peaceful -- a change for the better. I almost fear it could go away, but in the meantime I will like it for what it is. Just nice.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things have quieted down :) Hopefully your NOA2 is just around the corner!

    -Justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justine! I wish that NOA2 was in the mail on Monday -- I can't wait much longer. I know I only saw Julian 7 weeks ago, but it seems like 7 YEARS ago. :(

    ReplyDelete