Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some resolution, much happiness.

So, so tired, but trying to get one post in before I go to bed. It will be as short as I can keep it, which I know is hard to believe! Sooooo... Julian did call me back at 1am, as promised. He seemed so eager to accept my apologies, I could hardly believe it after not talking to me for 48 hours. I asked him what he had been up to, why he wouldn't take my calls. He explained he was just so shaken by the idea of losing me to "that manchild" (meaning Sean) that he couldn't think straight.

He thought I might leave him again, like I left him before (I told him I didn't want to talk about THAT bit of ancient history), for someone who seemed to want the best for me but turned out to have very different ideas. "Just remember what happened with [name deleted] -- you thought he was a shoulder to cry on after we had that massive row, and it turned out he just wanted to see what fucking his friend's girlfriend was like." (It's true, and horrible, and I still don't know why I did it -- and I don't know why Julian ever took me back after [name deleted] dumped me after three weeks, or why he's still friends with that asshole.) I assured him again that not only did nothing happen with Sean, nothing WOULD happen from now on since I had told the Jen(n)s that I wanted nothing to do with him. I mentioned that Jenn was furious with J for barring me from seeing my best friend, and furious with me for giving in, and that Jen was sad that I would just dump one of HER best friends (meaning Sean) even if it was understandable why. Julian said he had some sympathy for what Jen had to say, but that Jenn's boyfriend Dan must be even more wet than he had thought at first if he would let his girlfriend carry on like that. ("Weak handshake, Melissa. Jenn must be the dominant one in bed, that's all I'll say on that matter.")

Anyway, he forgave me in the end and said he had felt lost the past two days without me. (Awwwww!) He had spent a lot of time talking with Alex, who had tried to convince him to leave me (typical), but the more Alex talked me down the more he realized he wanted to be with me, wanted to defend me. Sure, maybe in the first 24 hours he was more open to what Alex had to say, but he was certain that we should really, truly be together, and the sooner the better. Once I was his wife, I could count on being loved how I deserved to be loved by him. (Awwwwwww again!)

Work was crazy when I got back (and that's why it's 12:50am and finishing things up, but at least I'm at home with Tibbs and a glass of White Zin now) but I seem to be catching up. And something really cool happened today on VJ -- one of the other UK VJers who lives in my hometown, Burbank, contacted me and said we should have a coffee sometime soon! How cool is that? She's also married to a British guy, and said I seemed very sweet but might benefit from a little older sisterly advice. I told her that sounded great, especially since my REAL older sister is such a waste of space. We originally agreed to do this tomorrow night, but now she can't since she forgot that she needs to be in tomorrow night after all. Maybe on Friday then, or Saturday afternoon. I could use the perspective of someone who has also been through the visa process already.

So today was just wonderful, pretty much from start to finish. Much better -- I deserved this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment